Virtual Zen

Zen mind, beginner's mind... My life as a beginning Zen student, and everything else that falls away...

1.06.2004

Macworld rocks! (literally this time)

iLife box

iLife '04

This, for me, is the biggest pain in the ass that my obsessive/compulsively disordered self will have to deal with for the next several weeks 'til I decide what to do with my iBook. I simply MUST have the new iMovie, iPhoto and dammit - Garageband. I'm not that fussed with iDVD, cause I reckon that to make it work any worthwhile, I'll have to get a desktop Mac anyway (anyone wanna sell me an eMac cheap? With Superdrive? I can make some kickass photo DVD's that way! :-) but I'm REALLY wanting Garageband. Not that I'm so musically inclined that I'd be able to actually play any instruments, but I'm SO thinking I could make some seriously kickass electronic tracks for my own needs. And then to be able to chuck them on my iPod (more on that in a sec) or even post them to the web for me mates to download - fuckin' amazing. I'm SO glad I'm on the side of the good. Its kinda like the Lord of the Hubs: Fellowship of the Mac (with Steve Jobs as Gandalf - quick to anger, but pretty awesome in the end). Does that make Bill Gates, Sauron? (shit, I hate when I digress).

minipodfam

Damn. They "almost" had it right. Its a freakin' cool tool.

minipod

I'd buy one today if I could (shipping in Feb). A credit card sized, 4GB harddrive iPod, with new colours (I'm thinking if they made a black one, I'd have one as soon as they're on the market - as it is, I'll have to settle for silver). Fully touchscreen, but with buttons on the wheel.

One problem. The price. Its only $50US less than a 15GB full size model. Hmmmm... Let's see, nearly 4 times the capacity - but a wee bit bigger and its brother only comes in white. Hard choice. I still want one.

So why do I love Apple? Cause they make the fucking coolest tools ever. They're so untool like that they're beyond anything Microsoft could hope to come up with.

Why do I hate Apple? Cause now I have to upgrade my iBook to be able to use Garageband. And even though its time to upgrade my original 5GB iPod, I'm TORN - absoluted GUTTED about which one to get. But hold on, if I wait until the summer, I can see what Macworld New York will have and I'll want that TOO....

Damn this OCD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home