Virtual Zen

Zen mind, beginner's mind... My life as a beginning Zen student, and everything else that falls away...

1.08.2004

Revisiting the past

Today I spent seeing people who I haven't seen in ages and really missed. Did my email at iklick - an upscale version of an internet cafe, which was cool - got caught up on a bit of stuff that I'd meant to do, and didn't get the chance to previously. Think I saw Mary there (formerly of Meric) but didn't want to say hi - was too odd to even think about it. Went for lunch with Genevieve, the coolest chick from Alberta I've ever met. A veggie, listens to good tunes, quasi-goth (but far too nice to pull off the attitude). Gen and I used to work together at ECCC last year before I went to Australia, and it was really nice to catch up with her and see where life has brought us. Went to meet her at the ECCC offices, and MAN what a blast from the past. I took the subway and bus up to my old neighbourhood at Yonge and Eglinton - crap, that was very strange. Noticing the little things that have changed, and the rest that SO hasn't changed. Went to Swiss Chalet for lunch - had my favourite - Chicken Club Wrap (and um, could you please bring me the bottle of Tabasco sauce?) while Gen had a veggie burger which she tells me is actually pretty good. After lunch I stopped at my friend Karen's place where I used to live on Eglinton. Ended up spending all day there and evening for that matter. Went out to Gabby's for chicken wings (MORE hot sauce thanks!) and after many hours spent chatting, catching up, smoking and drinking tea she brought me home just in time to return the movie Adam and I hired last night - Underworld for those interested. Was actually a pretty good movie if you could follow the plot. Its quite stylish and the acting is a bit, well, over the top - but what do you expect for a movie about vampires and werewolves? I think it needs the DVD extended version, or at least with extra features to explain the whole thing, but I think I got it sorted in the end. On another note, Peter and I seem to keep playing telephone tag. First he calls, then I call, then he calls, then I call - and tonight again, I missed his call. I SO want to hang out soon - miss him a lot. Since I got back from Australia I, naturally, want my best friend round lots, but just had to go bugger off to Cuba for a week (jealous, much?) and I haven't had the chance to see him. For the record, his birthday is today, January 8th (same as Elvis!) and I can't have asked for a better friend over the years. It ain't been all roses, there's been some thorns along the way, but the rosey bits would never have been so appreciated had we not had to work for them. Happy Birthday matey, and here's to many more.

3 Comments:

At September 13, 2006 at 6:02 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
[url=http://guewxect.com/myet/rlci.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://vuxiwrax.com/kbhx/aaap.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At September 13, 2006 at 6:02 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At September 13, 2006 at 6:02 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
http://guewxect.com/myet/rlci.html | http://hrpudimi.com/wokn/qppv.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home