Virtual Zen

Zen mind, beginner's mind... My life as a beginning Zen student, and everything else that falls away...

3.06.2004

Went out for drinks with Peter and Ida last night. Started out at the Blue Meany on Yonge St, but didn't really care for it terribly. Gross blue walls, nasty bitchy Yonge & Eglinton tarts making mean faces at Ida. Didn't stay long - just long enough to have a nice drink of Amsterdam Blonde.

beer
Picked up our gear and moved out to Scruffy Murphy's on Eglinton. Much nicer - reminds me of Aussie pubs (the high end ones anyway - not so much like the Dover Hotel or anything). Ida's a blast - like her a lot. She and I really are very much alike - I wonder if perhaps too much sometimes. No wonder Peter likes being around us though, we seem to laugh up a storm. Adam's driving me mental still. I mean, I can't just possibly sit in my own lounge/living room space of the loft (see previous posts for a photo! :-) and enjoy my morning. Nope, its all about "spending time" and "constant nattering on" and shit. I'd really really like to just have some peace and quiet at the weekend. Now it looks like I'm spending part of the day doing stuff with him today - then tomorrow we're going to Home Depot to get shit for the storage area and the kitchen island. Saturday next all of a sudden I have to go to his sister and sister-in-law's place to help take these shelves down in their living room to add to the storage area. I mean, I like the fact that we're getting this place together, but somehow I'm finding myself at a complete loss as to how I've lost my personal time and space. I'm so used to being able to do things on my own - when and where I want. I guess I'm tired of entertaining/being entertained. Can't I just be blank for a while? Michelle is coming over to help paint my bedroom tonight. Should be fun. Can't wait to have the manky walls clean finally. I think I'm going to escape to my parents after next weekend. I just need some time away - time to myself - and so can't afford to do it the way I'd like. Shouldn't have to either. In other news, Andrea is back from Barthelona! I hear there's major updates in the works on her journal - can't wait to read all about them! I think I'm just in a pissy mood. Pardon me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home