Virtual Zen

Zen mind, beginner's mind... My life as a beginning Zen student, and everything else that falls away...

2.02.2004

Well, I know its been absolutely ages since I wrote last in here, but there's been nothing much of good news to report. I completely agree with Andrea that this month (well, January) has completely sucked. I'm not sure if focussing on the negative is helpful or not, but let's get that out of the way. I had SO many interviews, and no one call back. The jobs I was offered were crap. I couldn't pay my rent for February so Adam paid it (gee, I'm further indebted to him now, lovely). The job I did get, I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to keep (not the telemarketing one, I canned that one pretty damn quick). Nope, I'm working for a collection agency now, and shock of horrors - they need to get licences for ALL the provinces so that I can work legally doing this. Going to cost me an additional $195 that they'll deduct off my already crappy paycheque that I don't get to see for another two weeks. Hopefully the money I do have holds out till then. I'm not even sure if I'll be able to qualify for the licences or not. Besides the crappy job situation (which, Universe help me, will change soon) there was also the scare of my mum being in hospital. Anyone who knows me for any length of time knows that I'm freaked right out about seeing her in hospital given the whole kidney transplant and immune suppression thing - so it was pretty freakin' scary. Turns out she was in ICU for about 3 days before being moved to the regular medical ward for another 4 days. Nice thing though, went up to see her in hospital on the first day I heard about it - and ended up spending the whole day with my dad. Never done that before. Was kind of cool to hear about the things that he thinks about - the crazy things he dreams up as ways to fall asleep. I've never really given him enough credit, and I'm glad that finally, in both our old ages that I'm able to see him for who he is; not just my dad, but as a person as well. Mum is better now - the antibiotics worked a treat and got rid of both the nasty stomach and chest infections in record time. Told her she should never have gone to the hospital to visit my uncle's wife! So, you know how all bad things come in threes? Let's recap - SHITTY job sitch. Mum in hospital with some NASTY bug. And then as of Friday night - my iBook shuts itself down for some reason. It was really late so I didn't worry about it, but when I went to boot it on Saturday - NOTHING. Got to the Login Window Starting stage - and NUFFING. Nada. Zip. Rang Apple support and got some freebie support (honey, not vinegar was used in this application) basically telling me I had to reinstall EVERYTHING. Massive fragmentation of the harddrive resulting in non-recoverable sectors. Shit. Didn't have any of the CD's to install with, so panic-stricken Eric rings his brother, gets the CD's delivered to the parentals so I can get at them on Sunday (see later entry). So, if shit happens, I've had enough. If it comes in threes, I'm through. Bring on the good stuff, cause I can't take much more of the anxiety waiting for the other shoe to drop. Anyway, in other news - I met a guy last week over coffee. Nice enough bloke, we chatted over 2 hours over hot apple cider about photography, the different cameras we'd had, the quality factor when considering digital vs. film etc Kodak has now said that they're discontinuing the production of all film cameras in the western world, but will continue to make film. They're going completely digital now . Went over to his place on Friday for a nice couple of beers and a chat - get your minds out of the gutter people! We had a perfectly pleasant evening of chatting by his electric fireplace (and yes, he has a sheepskin rug in front of it, IKEA natch) but we certainly didn't get naked in front of it. Anyway, he's nice enough, but doesn't really make me pant, nor pine, nor ponder what may be. Guess its good enough that I get out of the house and start meeting some people, right? Speaking of getting out of the house - I had Michelle and Gen over on Saturday night for the First Annual Eric & Michelle's Unofficial Official New Year Party. January 31st, you see! After much candle burning, Wolf Blass drinking and the arrival of Adam to complete the foursome we toasted the New Year to the champas and lichee liqueur that Gen brought to donate to the cause. Michelle and I got elected (well, we kind of elected ourselves) to go and get pizza slices cause the nachos and salsa and sour cream & onion crisps just weren't cutting it. On go the clothes, boots and hats and out we went. Next thing I know, Michelle and I both ponder if we'd make it for last call at Woody's. Turns out, yep! We got a quick little drink and in the haze that has become my recollection of the evening I remember us trying to pick up some poor guy named Andrew in a military inspired jumper, feeling his ass up, getting his phone number, getting pizza and returning to the loft. After Michelle finally gave up the ghost (Lightweight Linda, she is) and went to bed, Adam put Gen to bed on the sofa and retired himself (all round the half 2 mark). Well, Michelle and I kept giggling in bed till we decided to ring up this Andrew bloke. At 2:30am. What the hell, its New Year, right? He chatted a bit to us, but he just didn't respond to our advances for him to come over and play ;-) Sunday was a bit of a write off, and a bit of a blessing. Went to my parents to repair the iBook as previously noted, but Peter came and picked me up at the bus terminal so we could hang out. Got him a shoddy haircut at FirstChoice (last choice) and had Wendy's for tea. Haven't had Wendy's in YONKS. Yummers! Finally got the 'Book reinstalled, hung out at the parents for a bit and Peter drove me back to the subway (bless!). Made it home in time for Survivor: All Star. With the exception of a few of them, I kinda think its going to be Survivor: All Starve. They look as though they learnt nothing the whole time they were away the first game. All I have to say is RUPERT RUPERT RUPERT. They should just give the man the $Million. Okay, I've said enough for today and I've got to get to bed - have to get up in 5 hours and I'm already exhausted from complete insomnia. Can you really blame me? I'll probably write more tomorrow when I have my second day of work. Still have heaps to gab about but I'm babbling now.

1 Comments:

At December 11, 2005 at 4:40 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

This winter I purchased a wood stove instead of a fire place .I wanted to save on the heating cost this year.Fireplace Mantel I even created my own Fireplace Mantel site related to everything about fire places and wood stoves.So save on the higher heating cost and burn some wood.Have a great day bye.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home