Virtual Zen

Zen mind, beginner's mind... My life as a beginning Zen student, and everything else that falls away...

2.22.2004

10 @ Random

I'm making my 10 Random Songs playlist public. This is kind of like bibliomancy, the method of telling the future by picking a section in a book at random as an answer to the querent's question. Take these as my random lessons and messages to be learned this week? Maybe not. 1. Something More Besides You - Cowboy Junkies This is one song that will always remind me of being in my place on Queen West, in the summer, having Diane over for dinner of seared scallops and mango/cucumber salsa. 2. One by One - Enya Driving home from working at Quartet years ago, in an absolute blizzard just knowing that I was going to panic unless I had something to help keep me calm and grounded. This did the trick. 3. Out of Reach - Gabrielle This one reminds me of the day that I dumped Mark rather unceremoniously after seeing Bridget Jones' Diary. Man, I was such a shit that day. 4. Stay - Lisa Loeb Reality Bites - sometimes it does. 5. Only Happy When It Rains - Garbage I got nothin' for this one. But its cool. 6. Holiday - Madonna Good times, good times. 7. Forgotten - Linkin Park A new one to me, don't know it well - but fun anyway. 8. Out of the City (Starchaser Mix) - 2 Heads This SO reminds me of Kat and I doing paintings on Arts and Crafts Sunday after a massive session the night before. Good old Carlton helped ease the pain that day - as did this song. 9. Another Woman - Moby Not sure about this one - again, I got nuffin. 10. Spin Spin Sugar - Sneaker Pimps This was the last song that Mary and I danced to, just preceding the breakup of Meric. I really do wish she'd stayed on the Prozac, if her entire personality hadn't shifted from fun to LESBIOT we may still have been friends. Anyway, give it a whirl, you may be surprised.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home