Virtual Zen

Zen mind, beginner's mind... My life as a beginning Zen student, and everything else that falls away...

2.18.2004

Hiatus

I know its been some time since I've updated my journal, but I've been going through some strange things lately. I'm working now (FINALLY) but I'm doing collections. Talk about a cruel joke on me - I left the most beautiful place in the world because I didn't want to be doing collections for the foreseeable future, and now I'm doing exactly what I'd rather not be doing. Anyway, the job itself isn't that bad, the people are decent (if a little lower in social stature than I normally would associate with - gawd that sounded snotty, but somewhat true). I've been out for drinks this week with them and realize that I can now really feel comfortable associating with pretty much anyone (as long as they don't know the "real" me - meaning the poofter bit). So, I've not been writing... what's up with that, anyway? Well, I've literally been on hiatus from the public journal writing and I've been doing heaps of personal, soulsearching type stuff. I've been doing this Cheryl Richardson program, endorsed and recommended by none other than Oprah herself. Its taken a lot of work on my part and a lot of writing which I've been doing in a nifty new (and cheap) journal. This stuff is all about me, and is intensely personal. Thus, I've not much felt like sharing online as yet. Once I get to something that I need to publically announce, if I do get there at all, then I'll post it. In other news, Valentine's Day was fun - if a bit strange. Michelle, Adam, Will (the guy Adam works with) and I tried to go out to 5ive but the queue was hours long and the club was already at capacity. Adam and I reckon that there's got to be a backdoor entrance from our building (cause we live in the same building as the nightclub). Anyway, after watching an overdose at the coffee house next door we decided to get out to one of Michelle's favourite places called the Dance Cave. NOT fun place, WAY expensive cover, WAY WAY expensive coat check. Music kinda sucked - but the funniest part was seeing this tiny little chinese poof dancing like he was in some kind of cult or something. Strangest damn thing. Ended up for last orders at Woody's again - seems to be the place for it lately (wrapped up the night on Friday with Peter and Ida at the same place - very funny stuff to see conservative Ida watching the International Men of Leather competition (circa 2001) video while sipping her citrus vodka tonic). Speaking of Woody's, I'm heading there tonight to spend some quality time with the Mark/c/o's and Randy. Haven't seen the Mark/c/o's in ages - before Christmas in fact. Will be nice to hang out with some less boozy people for a bit - will help curb this nasty little drinking habit I've developed. Friday - smashed. Saturday - pissed. Sunday - pleasantly numb. Monday - LOADED. Tuesday - HUNG OVER. Anyway, I'm so going to get busted for spending too much time online here at work, so I'm gonna go for now. Know this, all my lovely readers, I will return in short order- just taking a short break to get my shit together. Once I do, I'll let you know all (or most of it anyway).

3 Comments:

At September 10, 2006 at 8:33 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
[url=http://qtgnojjj.com/gbny/sulw.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://ysjbinvq.com/dccp/umbq.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At September 10, 2006 at 8:33 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At September 10, 2006 at 8:33 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
http://qtgnojjj.com/gbny/sulw.html | http://tduuwyvu.com/umfu/vrxy.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home