Virtual Zen

Zen mind, beginner's mind... My life as a beginning Zen student, and everything else that falls away...

2.26.2004

Good things come...

Well, just when I thought that the universe couldn't be all "that" cruel, that something had to give... it did. I met a really nice guy last week. His name is Shawn, from Northern Ontario - North Bay, to be precise. He's 29, slightly taller, slightly heavier (although that's in context - I've lost a considerable amount of weight in the past few weeks, thanks to my new externally imposed fiscal restraint policy resulting in decreased caloric intake - meaning, I ain't got no money to eat nuffin'), and has the most amazing, gorgeous aqua green/blue eyes I've ever seen. Damn, I sound like one of those sappy, insipid people now ~ who the fuck stole my angst? Seriously, I spent last Saturday night at his place watching videos (this really stupid Hong Kong action flick, So Close; and then the most wonderful anime I've seen, Spirited Away - you simply MUST see this if you haven't already) and getting to know one another. He was incredibly shy, but finally he planted a kiss on me, I put my arm around him whilst we were watching the movie and when it became too late for me to take the subway home, he invited me to stay the night. Which I did, natch. We've not been able to see each other this week due to various work commitments, but we're planning to see each other at some stage during the weekend. I can't believe its me saying this about him, or anyone romantically linked with me, but I really do miss the bloke. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy his company, but other than my friends and family I never thought I'd ever meet anyone again who did something for me, other than stir the loins. Anyway, before I get all, you know, dripping with yucky sentimentality (its so VERY cold in my heart, you see) lemme update my current Random Playlist of the week: 1. Fine Day (James Holden Remix) - Kirsty Hawkshaw 2. One More Time - Daft Punk 3. Hold On To Me - Cowboy Junkies 4. Send Angels - Plumb 5. Jerusalem - Sinead O'Connor 6. If It Makes You Happy - Sheryl Crow 7. The Sound Of - Jann Arden 8. Come Into My World - Kylie Minogue 9. Independence Day - Melanie C (the best Spice Girl, if you ask me) 10. ...On the Radio - Nelly Furtado Kinda interesting how that works - can't wait to see what my next selections will be... Haven't heard from Andrea, Mark or Marie lately. They've all been on my mind a lot lately - as have a lot of my Aussie mates. Could it be that the first round of AFL is only a month away? (Go the Dons!) Could it be that I wanna go back? Could it be that I'm starting to think that the past year was nothing but a dream? Yes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home